Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Spirituality in Chicago

My first blog! This is exciting...

First, I would like to start by explaining the purpose of my blog. During my time in Chicago, I hope to visit as many spiritual centers as possible and write about my experiences. I use the term "spiritual centers" because I am using this in an extremely broad manner. My visits could range from traditional churches to mosques to yoga studios, etc. Basically, anywhere I encounter a place of deeper meaning to it's community, that's what I will be keeping track of on this blog. I hope to paint a picture of the community built around the different centers and discover what they find to be spiritually appealing about each place. And if any Chicago natives have suggestions, I gladly welcome them!

1 comment:

  1. Hallie, It looks very interesting. What are your personal views of these experiences. What have you liked or not about the different practices you have experienced. Did any of them help you to feel closer to God in any way? Check out St. John Chrysostem in your neighborhood. It might be interesting. Mama Maria

    ReplyDelete